Friday, April 27, 2012

Back to work

The House met again this week after a 3.week break. Monday the main business was the Commons amendments to the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Bill, which was sent back to the Commons for a send time, with some of our amendments reinstated, including the one that removed the deduction from awards made by the court to claimants suffering from mesothelioma of 'success fees' and After the Event Insurance. After that I attended the Baha'i annual reception but didn't stay very long because my legs hurt if I stand for any length of time.

I've had diarrhoea all week and though I''ve managed to get through all the engagements in the diary its left me feeling washed out. So having had my weekly Skype call to Maurice in Auckland I'm going to bed early, and hope to resume this blog tomorrow.

No comments: